Notice for the Application for a Letter of Accreditation
A Letter of Accreditation is needed for UK educational institutions to cooperate with Chinese educational institutions or agents in certain cases. Currently, only limited UK educational institutions are eligible for the Letter of Accreditation from the Education Section of the Chinese Embassy.
UK universities and colleges that officially recognized by UK Department for Education are eligible for Letter of Accreditation issued by the Education Section of Chinese Embassy in the UK.
1. Official letters from the UK educational institution and its Chinese partner or agent respectively introducing their collaboration and requiring for a Letter of Accreditation.
2. Application Form ( Download the Application Form )
3. A copy of the signed agreement or a statement of intention with a Chinese partner or agent.
4. A brochure or a prospectus introducing the educational institution to be accredited.
TERM OF VALIDITY:
The term of validity will remain for three years commencing from the issuing date of the Letter of Accreditation. The validity can be terminated within the period if the education institution/organization is discovered through our inspection to have failed to meet the criteria of accreditation.
PROCEDURE OF APPLICATION:
You need to submit the required documentation (mentioned above) and send them to the address below:
Chinese Embassy in UK
50 Portland Place
London W1B 1NQ
For the institutions in Derbyshire, Durham County, Lancashire, Merseyside, North Yorkshire, South Yorkshire, the Greater Manchester Area, Tyne and Wear, West Yorkshire and Kingston upon Hull of East Riding of Yorkshire, please contact the Chinese Consulate General in Manchester.
The application processing normally takes approximately twenty working days. Once the application processing is completed, the Letter of Accreditation will be sent to the applicant by post.
1. Application processing will not be undertaken until all the documentation and relevant materials have been submitted.
2. One original Letter of Accreditation is issued for each education institution/ organisation to be accredited.
3. The Letter of Accreditation is addressed to the local education authority (ie. provincial or municipal education committee) in China where the partner or agent is located, rather than to the partner institution or agent.
4. We retain the right not to issue the Letter of Accreditation or to withdraw the issued Letter of Accreditation from the applicant if any of the following situations occurs:
a. Failure in submitting the relevant documentation and materials required;
b. Having defect(s) in providing adequate education conditions for the students.
For further inquiries, please contact:
Ms. Jing LI
Tel: 020 76120263
Fax: 020 75804474