TUNEM is a 2-year professional degree program, which is tremendously supported by the National Energy Administration of China and the Ministry of Education of China with a full scholarship. Meanwhile，the three major nuclear power groups in China, China National Nuclear Corporation (CNNC), State Power Investment Corporation (SPIC), and China General Nuclear Power Corporation(CGN), also provide great support. Every year TUNEM enrolls 30 applicants with outstanding academics and global vision in the field of nuclear engineering and management, who are willing to further their studies in China and to make contributions to the cooperation between China and their motherlands.
Students are required to take Chinese courses, professional courses, internship and academic activity. The program provides a comprehensive professional education and research opportunity in the field of nuclear engineering including thermodynamics, heat transfer, fluid flow, electrical science, chemical engineering, material science, mechanical science, nuclear physics, reactor theory, fuel cycling, radiation protection, and so on.
The courses are scheduled to permit either intensive study in a single field or interdisciplinary study between fields. Comprehensive introductory courses are given to provide a common basis of understanding for those students of dissimilar backgrounds. Professional courses are selected in consultation with the graduate coordinator or a faculty advisor to meet his/her academic and career goals.
Based on the plan, the two-year master program requires half-year internship or on-spot survey. During the on-spot survey, student will design and conduct scientific survey on China-specific issues with the help of supervisors. A diverse number of practice opportunities are available in nuclear industry companies of CNNC, SPIC and CGN. During the on-spot survey, students will be exposed to methods and techniques used by natural and social scientists to identify, analyze and interpret nuclear engineering problems. The on-spot survey will be in Beijing or in other parts of China, and usually conduct in the summer after the first academic year.
Information and Procedure
Full Scholarship covers
Full Scholarship students will be granted for two years is RMB 248,400 / GBP 28,180
Tuition: RMB 78,000
Living Allowance: RMB 108,000
Comprehensive Medical Insurance: RMB 4,000
Accommodation on Tsinghua campus, Beijing: RMB 58,400
Quota: 30 winners
*6-10 candidates are expected from UK and，after the graduation，the qualified ones will be employed by CGN-General Nuclear International Limited.
Applicants for TUNEM Program should meet all the following requirements:
1. Applicants must be non-Chinese citizens with a valid passport.
2. Applicants should have a Bachelor degree or receive a Bachelor degree when enroll, majoring in nuclear engineering, management, or other relevant fields. Working experience is preferred.
3. For non-English native speakers, ONE of the following conditions should be met：
a. Applicants provide the official transcript of the courses during the undergraduate period in English version.
b. Applicants provide the transcript of either TOEFL (the test of English as a foreign language) or IELTS (international English language testing system).
Note: For more details about the application of TUNEM, please visit: http://gradadmission.tsinghua.edu.cn
1. Applicants should complete the Online Application on the website of the THU Graduate Programs Application System for International Students and be pre-admitted by the Program. Website: http://gradadmission.tsinghua.edu.cn
2. Applicants should complete the CGS scholarship Application on the website of the China Scholarship Council (CSC). Website: http://www.campuschina.org
3. Tsinghua University examines the scholarship application and nominates to CSC.
4. CSC examines and approves the scholarship application.
Please upload all the listed documents to the application system:
1. Personal statement
2. Degree certificate or pre-graduation certificate
3. Academic transcript and TOEFL or IELTS certificate
4. Two recommendation letters
one from scholars who have the title of associate professor or higher in related areas
the other from CGN
5. Passport personal information page
6. Identification photo
7. Other supporting documents required
*See the Admission to TUNEM 2019 for Specific Requirements of Application Documents
Application Schedule (Beijing):
Application 8:00 AM Oct 15, 2018 - 17:00 PM Dec 31, 2018
Interview Before 15th January, 2019
Pre-admission Before 22nd January, 2019
Application 8:00 AM Jan 1, 2019 - 17:00 PM Mar 15, 2019
Interview Before 15th April, 2019
Pre-admission Before 25th April, 2019
*You are required to complete application for both TUNEM and CGS.
The final admission result can be checked in the application system from early July, 2019.
You may expect for the Admission Letter in late June or in early July, 2019.
The Education Office, Department of Engineering Physics
Contact Person: Ms. BAI Min, Ms. ZHANG Xiaohan
Contact person: Ms. ZHANG Meng, Mr. WANG Kai
Further Information about Scholarship：http://www.campuschina.org
Details about TUNEM Program: http://www.ep.tsinghua.edu.cn/en/column/134_1.html